Clean Show 2017- Training Seminars
Clean Show 2017 – Training Seminars
Below are the seminars available at this years Clean Show in Las Vegas June 5-8,2017
They are put on by various Industries involved in the Clean Show but I don’t think they check your membership card at the door so why not branch out a bit and see what the other industries are doing.
Check here for the most up to date list Clean show Seminars
Monday, June 5
- 8-9:30 a.m. — The Human Mousetrap: Planning for Safe Entry into Confined Spaces, sponsored by the Association for Linen Management (ALM).
If a contractor enters a permit-required confined space at your workplace, who is responsible for their safety and compliance with OSHA’s standards? Does your rescue plan involve offsite rescue services? Have you ever considered reclassifying a permit-required confined space to a non-permit space? This session by Barry Spurlock, Esq., CSP, Eastern Kentucky University, will address your legal responsibilities as well as give your company guidance on protecting your employees.
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. — Customer Contracts: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, sponsored by the Textile Rental Services Association of America (TRSA).
Join TRSA General Counsel Steve Fellman in an interactive discussion on how to design customer contracts to maximize profitability. Learn about new contract clauses relating to digital billing technology and examine how textile services companies deal with issues relating to inducing breach of contract.
- 8:30-9:45 a.m. — Business as Unusual, sponsored by the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI).
The drycleaning business today is so much more than “suit and tie.” Your customers are changing and their expectations are changing. If you’re not changing, your business is not growing. Hear how some industry professionals meet the demands of current and future customers.
- 8:45-10 a.m. — Great by Design: What Laundromats Can Learn from Latest Retail Trends, sponsored by the Coin Laundry Association (CLA).
Today’s Laundromats strive to portray a modern and professional look to consumers. Much may be learned from the most popular trends being seen in other retail and service environments. Hear experts discuss how laundries may leverage the best design trends in retail environments.
- 2-3 p.m. — All Things Facebook: How to Grow Your Laundromat Sales, sponsored by CLA.
Social media has become a valuable tool for promoting one’s Laundromat to new customers. This session will focus specifically on the features and services available through Facebook that will help you grow sales in your laundry.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — TRSA Clean Green and Hygienically Clean Certification Programs, sponsored by TRSA.
Independent, quantitative, third-party certifications build customer confidence and offer your company a competitive advantage, TRSA says. Nearly 60 companies (163 facilities) have earned TRSA’s Clean Green designation and more than 115 facilities have earned TRSA’s Hygienically Clean designation, making them the fastest growing, most recognized international certification programs for textile services operators, the association adds. Learn how your company can meet these rigorous standards and quantifiable measurements, including inspections and testing.
Tuesday, June 6
- 8-9 a.m. — Family Business Dynamics, sponsored by TRSA.
This session focuses on family human resource and governance process innovation in multi-generational family companies. Learn the generation-influenced frameworks that multi-generation family enterprise leaders are using to help facilitate communication among and education of current and future generation members to better prepare family members who have the requisite ability and willingness to contribute meaningfully to the sustainability (and legacy) of their family and business(es).
- 8-9:30 a.m. — How is Your Linen Handled? Lessons from ALM’s Research Project, sponsored by ALM.
Healthcare textiles from quality laundry providers are typically hygienically clean and safe for use. Is the hygienic integrity maintained during transportation, storage and distribution? ALM has completed a research study to evaluate those concerns and will present its results publicly for the first time during this session.
- 8:30-9:45 a.m. — Drycleaners & Laundromat Owners: Partnering for Future Profits, co-sponsored by CLA and DLI.
Drycleaners and laundry owners are using each other’s expertise to increase their market share. Learn from industry members how they have made this partnership work for them.
- 9-10 a.m. — Laundry Marketing Secrets Revealed, sponsored by TRSA.
If you want to grow your business in the digital age, you need to learn successful strategies that help you do so. Discover the top tips and tricks to succeed in B2B social and digital advertising. You’ll also hear how to incorporate conversion rate optimization to maximize your sales through new customer acquisition.
- 2-3 p.m. — TextileEd “TED” Talks, sponsored by ALM.
“Riveting Thoughts by Remarkable People” are the cornerstone of the popular Ted Talks. ALM’s version brings together some of the remarkable people who have riveting thoughts about the laundry and linen industry, offering quick segments of valuable education.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Oops: Now What?, sponsored by DLI.
There are nearly as many home stain removal tips as there are homes. DLI puts some of these home remedies to the test to see which actually work and which ones fail.
Wednesday, June 7
- 8-9 a.m. — Doing Well by Doing Good: How Laundromat Owners are Giving Back, sponsored by CLA.
The best Laundromats serve as critical community centers where important resources may be shared with local residents. Hear stories of how Laundromat owners are giving back to their neighborhoods and transforming their stores into community centers.
- 8-9 a.m. — Five Considerations for Improving Employee Retention, sponsored by TRSA.
In an increasingly competitive business world, top talent is in high demand. If you aren’t making your top workers happy, another company may easily recruit them. This session will offer you five key considerations for retaining your top employees that go beyond a good pay package.
- 8-9:30 a.m. — Healthcare Contingency Risks & Plan, sponsored by ALM.
Healthcare facilities have a responsibility to ensure care is provided even when critical products such as linen are unavailable. Hear lessons learned by one health system when developing its contingency plan and learn about the process it followed in assessing the options, selecting a direction, and managing results.
- 8:30-9:45 a.m. — The Five Essential Steps to Growing Revenue in a Tough Market, sponsored by DLI.
Discover how to unlock the secrets of successful sales promotion and marketing management with ideas you can implement right away.
- 9-10 a.m. — Maximizing Labor Efficiency in Your Wash-Dry-Fold Operation, sponsored by CLA.
For most operators, getting more productivity from your front-line workforce is a major challenge. This special presentation will focus on getting the most from those payroll dollars by incorporating the most efficient practices into your wash-dry-fold production.
- 9-10 a.m. — Tips and Lessons Learned for Entering the Commercial Laundry Industry, sponsored by TRSA.
Have you ever thought about what it would take to enter the commercial linen and uniform rental market? There are pros, but also cons that come along with tackling a market you’re unfamiliar with. Hear from industry experts on the best place to start this type of transition, how the industry works and what competition already exists, to determine if it’s the right move for you.
- 2-3 p.m. — OSHA Compliance: Identifying Laundry’s Most Cited Violations, sponsored by TRSA.
Edwin G. Foulke Jr. was OSHA’s top administrator from 2006 to 2008, when workplace injury, illness and fatality rates dropped to record-low levels. Now an attorney in private practice, he has helped TRSA develop consensus proposals for overcoming the most difficult obstacles the industry faces in eliminating injuries and illnesses. He’ll discuss OSHA’s top 20 most frequently cited standards and the top 25 “low-hanging” fruit violations. He will also share information on TRSA’s new Safety Certification.
- 3:30-4:30 — WiFi in Your Laundromat: Best Practices for Security & Marketing, sponsored by CLA.
Thousands of Laundromat owners are now adding free WiFi as a prominent amenity for their customers. Learn the best way to manage, support, secure and promote this indispensable feature for maximum impact.
Thursday, June 8
- 8:30-10 a.m. — Your First Laundromat: 10 Keys to Success, sponsored by CLA.
No one can learn everything they need to know about an investment in a self-service laundry in one seminar but this fast-paced, 90-minute session will help you identify the most important elements for success.
Sign up to receive updates!
Submit your e-mail address to receive regular updates!
No comments yet